September 15-17, 2017
“Vancouver USA Marathon Festival” is a weekend of RUNNING, BIKING, & BEER in downtown Vancouver at Esther Short Park. Vancouver USA Marathon or (VUM) is changing, moving and adapting. We have been ‘running’ on Father’s Day Weekend for 6 years. While we have had great success over the years:
- Voted as one of Top 10 New Marathon in 2013 by Runner’s World Magazine
- Awarded the Spirit of Tourism Award in 2014 by Visit Vancouver
- VUM Half Marathon was Featured in Runner’s World in 2016
We have chosen to move from the Father’s Day Holiday so that many other runners and walkers will have the opportunity to participate. Brian Davis, Race Director for VUM, states that “this is not only a tough move, but a smart move. We have been challenged with Rock & Roll Marathon in Seattle on the same weekend, along with challenges for staff, flaggers, officers and volunteer groups on this family day. We pushed hard for years, but know this is the right move for the race, the community and the runners!” A Beautiful Fall Event ~ Click here for the Press Release.
- VUM Cycle Tour | Ride the Course 26.2 Miles
- Shake out Run with Bart Yasso (MC)
- Freedom 5K
- Kids Marathon & Kids USA Fun Run | #AskBart
- Vancouver USA Marathon & VUM Half Marathon
- 3 Day Oktoberfest in Esther Short 5 Acre Park | Finish Line Area
Get ready for the 2017 Vancouver USA Marathon!
We are the ONLY Marathon with a Brewfest (Oktoberfest)! It is the “Hidden Gem of the NW”!
Vancouver USA Marathon is all about community, running, walking, now “biking” & enjoying life! Our team is committed to organizing a quality event at a quality price! The course highlights the best that the Vancouver community has to offer, including historic sites, a National Park and the mighty Columbia River – it is truly a gem. The event weekend includes a 3 day VUM Expo held in the center of it all, Esther Short Park. All festivities will commence in this beautiful five acre park located in the heart of downtown Vancouver. Don't miss this awesome race with so many amenities and value for an unbelievable price. Each participant will receive a commemorative tech-shirt, handcrafted finisher medal, great food, beverages, goodies, fabulous course views and an entry into the 3 Day Oktoberfest! Bart Yasso has made it his tradition to be our emcee for 6 years, #AskBart, and we know it will be your Half Marathon or Marathon tradition too!
Walkers and Runners are both welcome! The course will be open until 2pm giving you 7.5 hours to complete the race. During this time, you will have full support from our medical team, volunteers, flaggers and police officers. After 7.5 hours, you'll be instructed to follow the normal rules of the road as the streets will be open to the public.
- MARATHON START TIME | 6:30am
- Half Marathon START TIME | 8:30am
- COURSE CLOSES at | 2:00pm
SECURE YOUR SPOT and GET READY FOR THE STARTING LINE!
CAPPED AT 5,000 | USATF CERTIFIED | BOSTON QUALIFIER
Why Run Vancouver USA Marathon (VUM)?
- Beautiful course along the mighty Columbia River
- Gorgeous Views, scenic parks and trails, very green!
- Course includes Vancouver Lake, Downtown and Ft. Vancouver National Park
- Boston Qualifier/flat course with less than 150 Feet elevation gain
- Awesome and well designed race bibs, shirts & medals
- 10 minutes from downtown Portland, Oregon
- Wake up at the Start – the Vancouver Hilton is right at the finish line
- Oktoberfest Included w/Registration: 25 Breweries | 50 Taps | 3 Days
- Lots of excitement downtown with the Farmers Market, Brewfest & More
- Locally owned & locally produced – VUM is a homegrown race!
TELL YOUR FRIENDS TO JOIN YOU – SHARE:
Construction & Updates
We are in the midst of updating our VancouverUSAMarathon.com Website.
NEW WEBSITE, NEW LOOK, LAUNCHING: November 17, 2016 | 10 Months from Race Day!