Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a Race Bib?
A race bib is a number tied to your timing chip and your registration info - safety pin it to your shirt on race day. A race bib is a baby bib sized identifier with a unique number and a timing chip on it. Race bibs are used for participant identification for our employees, the timing of your race, and a nice decoration for your wall of fame at home.
- What is Packet Pick-Up?
This is where you pick-up your Race Bib, Timing Chip, T-Shirt, and all other goodies. We have organized an Active Expo just for you that includes Packet Pick-Up.
- When is Packet Pick-Up?
Packet Pick-up is during the VUM Active Expo from 9 am - 6 pm.
- Can I pick up my Packet on Race Day?
Marathon & Half Marathon Participants - No. All packets must be picked up on Saturday at the VUM Active Expo.
Freedom 5K Participants - Packet pickup is available on at the VUM Active Expo AND on race day.
- Can someone else pick up my Packet?
Yes. Please have a copy of your drivers license and a signed waiver or a written consent from them.
- Is there a Bag Check?
Yes. We have a place where you can store your keys, phone, bags, gear, and other items while you run. Located in Esther Short Park behind the Main Stage.
- Do I have to Train for a Marathon?
We highly recommend that you do! A Marathon is different than any other race you have done. Connect with our local running community and train for the big day!
- Is the Vancouver USA Marathon a Boston qualifier?
Of course! Our course is certified and a Boston Marathon qualifier.
- How far is Esther Short Park from...
- Portland Airport: 12 miles (approx 15 minutes)
- Downtown Portland – 10 miles (approx 12 minutes)
- Salmon Creek Area – 5 miles (approx 9 minutes)
- Camas, WA – 17 miles (approx 19 minutes)
- Long View – 30 miles (approx 40 minutes)
- Seattle, WA – 137 miles (approx 2.5 hrs)
- Salem, OR – 55 miles (approx 1 hr 10 min)
- Eugene OR – 119 miles (approx 2 hour 15 minutes)
- What’s the closest Hotel to the race?
The Vancouver Hilton is on the same block as the starting line.
- Are there other Hotels around the area?
DEADLINE & IMPORTANT DATES
Constant changes make things difficult for ordering, and of course timing. Please be courteous to our team and other participants.
- August 20, 2017: Last Day to Register to have your first name printed on the Bib
- All registrations received on August 20th or before will have their first name printed on their official bib
- All registrations received after August 20th will not have their first name printed on their official bib
- Participants making changes to your registration after August 20th, such as moving down to the half or moving up to the full, your bibs will not have your first name on them
- August 20, 2017: Last Day to Change Race
- Race changes affect the printing of race bibs and the ordering of timing chips. We request your advance notice of any changes needing to be made
- In order to change your race distance without a fee, we must receive your request to do so by June 1 by emailing [hidden email]
- After June 1, all changes will be processed at the VUM Active Expo.
- Please remember that changes made at the expo will result in issuing a new bib that will not have your name printed on the Race Bib
- September 1, 2017: Last day to register and receive a shirt
- All participants that register on September 1, 2017 or before are guaranteed a shirt in their packet pick up goodie bag
- All participants that register after September 1, 2017 will not receive a shirt in their packet pick up bag but are welcome to check back with registration after the race to see if there are extras
REGISTRATION FEES ARE NOT REFUNDABLE OR TRANSFERABLE
per signed waiver
WAIVER MUST BE READ, SIGNED AND MAILED WITH ENTRY
VUM WAIVER :: paper and Website & On-Line Registration
I know that participating in an organized athletic event is potentially hazardous, and that I should not enter to participate unless I am medically able and properly trained. I HEREBY ASSUME THE RISKS OF PARTICIPATING IN THIS EVENT. I certify that I am physically fit and that I have sufficiently trained. I agree to abide by the competitive rules. I hereby take the following action for myself, my executors, administrators, heirs, next to kin, successors and assigns, or anyone else who might claim or sue on my behalf, and I hereby waive, release and discharge from any and all claims, losses, or liabilities for death, personal injury, partial or permanent disability, property damage, medical or hospital bills, or theft which may arise out of or relate to my participation in this event. I agree not to sue, and to hold harmless Vancouver USA Marathon or any and all persons, sponsors, landlords (members and affiliates), advisors, lenders, property managers, tenants, volunteers, participants or government agencies for any and all claims or liabilities that I have waived, released or discharges herein. ENTRY FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE & NON TRANSFERABLE.